I’ve just published my first book for a few years. The book is Getting Started with CouchDB with O’Reilly.
The book is a quick guide to everything you need to know to start working with and building applications with CouchDB.
Some highlights of the contents:
- Install CouchDB on Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, or (if you must) from the source code
- Interact with data through CouchDB’s RESTful API, and use standard HTTP operations, such as PUT, GET, POST, and DELETE
- Use Futon—CouchDB’s web-based interface— to manage databases and documents, and to configure replications
- Learn how to create, update, and delete documents in JSON format, and how to create and delete databases
- Work with design documents to get the formatting and indexing your application requires