I’m getting really deep into ZFS at the moment as I try and work out how best to use it in different environments and how it affects and alters performance on different loads.I’ve across some great ZFS resources, new and old, and blog posts surrounding using ZFS:
- Second Installment of Our Series on ZFS
- New BigAdmin XPert Session on ZFS
- Ben Rockwood: Streamlining Zone Creation Thanks to ZFS Integration
- Ben Rockwood: ZFS within a Zone: Using Datasets
- Eric Schrock: New ZFS Features
For performance tuning there’s a great guide on the Solaris Internals Wiki which reads a lot like a ‘Don’t do this…’ guide, but has some useful tips too: ZFS Evil Tuning Guide.And if you want to know about the comparison between hardware RAID and ZFS in terms of performance, Robert Milkowski has two posts on benchmarks: Part 1 and Part 2.